Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday's Favorite: MY SISTER'S KEEPER

Haii, good morning.

I wish you will have great Friday and weekend!
today, I'm going to tell you my another favorite book. it is "My Sister's Keeper"
do you all know that book? I read that book when I was in High School, and then 3 years later the movie showed up. but for me, the book is much better. the ending is different, the movie choose happy ending, instead the book have tragic ending.

here it is the 1st cover:

MY SISTER'S KEEPER


The story takes place in the fictional town of Upper Darby, Rhode Island in 2004. Anna Fitzgerald is the main role. she has older sister, Kate who suffers from a blood and bone marrow cancer. Anna was born just to be a savior sister, so she could save Kate's life.

Anna always help her sister, she is willing to donate whatever Kate needs, but when she turns 13, she is told that she will have to donate one of her kidneys. The surgery required for both Kate and Anna would be major; it is not guaranteed to work, as the stress of the operation may well kill Kate anyway; and the loss of a kidney could have a serious impact on Anna's life. 
Then, Anna make petitions for medical emancipation with the help of lawyer who is famous in town, Campbell Alexander, so that she will be able to make her own decisions regarding her medical treatment and the donation of her kidney. 

During the trial, it is revealed that Kate asked Anna to sue for emancipation because she did not want Anna to have to donate her kidney, and because she believes that she will die anyway. The judge rules in Anna's favor, and grants Campbell a medical power of attorney.
but, there it is tragic scene, as Campbell drives Anna to her home after the trial, their car is hit by an oncoming truck. At the hospital, the doctor informs Anna's parents that Anna is brain-dead, that the machines keeping her alive may as well be switched off, and asks them if they have considered organ donation. Campbell steps in, and declares that he has the power of attorney, and "there is a girl upstairs who needs that kidney." Kate is prepared for surgery, and Anna's kidney is successfully transplanted. 
in the end Anna is dead and Kate survives the surgery and remains in remission for at least six years.

best quote in a book:

"I don't mind my disease killing me,
but it's killing my family too"

yahh, now I know how it feels to have someone in family who has cancer. that one person will have to do chemotherapy, and my cousin have to find someone who has same spinal cord to donate to him.
hufht, I hope that both persons will recover soon, hope they are strong enough to do some medication. I believe that God will always help us. :(
well, I think I should finish this post or I'm gonna cry.
thank you for you all who read this one, hope it will help you all to find what book that you should have.



No comments:

Post a Comment